Chicken Thighs with Roasted Chickpeas
- chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 head kale, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and pat dry 4 chicken thighs. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas and kale to bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne. Mix to coat.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for approximately 7 minutes or until crispy.
- While kale and chickpeas roast, add 1 tablespoon oil to a large pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, place chicken thighs skin side down in pan. Cook 4–5 minutes per side, or until skin is crispy and internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Serve chicken thighs with roasted kale, chickpeas, and lemon wedges.