Charred Chickpea and Corn Salad
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup corn, kernels
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 bell pepper, red or yellow; chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, Italian, or cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or oil of choice
- 2 tbsp lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey, or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil in a heavy skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the corn and well-drained chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until they turn golden and start to brown.
- Transfer to a bowl and add quinoa, pepper, onion, avocado and parsley or cilantro.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine 1/4 cup olive oil (or less, to taste), lime juice, vinegar, honey and cumin and shake or whisk to blend. Drizzle over the salad and toss gently to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.