Cauliflower Red Lentil Curry
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, or ghee
- 1 onion, yellow; diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 inch piece ginger, fresh; peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/3 cup lentils, red
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, diced, with juices
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (for serving)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (for serving)
- Add coconut oil or ghee to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in curry powder and garam masala powder and cook in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients (red lentils, cauliflower florets, sweet potato, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, sea salt, and black pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until curry has thickened slightly and cauliflower and sweet potato are tender.
- Serve curry with quinoa and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!