Black Lentil Salad with Mango and Avocado
- 1 cup lentils, black
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 mango, champagne; sliced
- 1/4 onion, red; thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp mustard, dijon
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 3 tbsp parsley, fresh; chopped
- Prepare the black lentils. Add lentils and water to a stockpot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20-22 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the salad by tossing together cooked and drained lentils, arugula, and dressing. Add avocado and mango and toss once more. Serve!