Black Bean Walnut Dip
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- salt, to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper, in adobo; small, plus 2 tsps sauce from can
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts, California; chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, lightly packed
- Puree beans, lime juice, olive oil, salt, chipotle pepper with sauce and garlic in a food processor.
- Add walnuts and cilantro and pulse to chop.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.)
- Toasted and chopped California walnuts, sour cream, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes