Black Bean Street Tacos with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup onion, red; diced
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce, (substitute with gluten free tamari if needed)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
Tropical Fruit Salsa:
- 1/3 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/3 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, red; diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced - remove seeds and membranes if less heat preferred
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fresh
- salt, to taste
- 6 tortillas, street taco-style (use corn tortillas for gluten free option)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw, packaged (substitute with greens of choice)
- Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add onion, beans, cumin, chili powder, soy sauce, and garlic and cook over medium heat until hot, about 6-8 minutes.
- Combine diced pineapple, mango, bell pepper, tomato, lime, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- Warm tortillas if desired and then lay flat for taco assembly. (Use two tortillas per taco if desired.) Top each tortilla with ⅙ broccoli slaw, ⅙ black beans, and ⅙ fruit salsa. Enjoy!
- The black beans and fruit salsa can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. For best results, assemble tacos just before serving.