Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 2 cups black beans, cooked, drained well
- 2 cups corn, kernels, frozen
- 1 medium bell pepper, green; diced
- 1/2 medium onion, red; diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh; minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, sliced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except for the tortilla chips, in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
- Let salsa meld for at least 10 minutes before serving with tortilla chips.
If you don’t have time to make your seasoned black beans from scratch, you can also buy them from a can in the grocery store. Check out the brands in the international foods aisles for the best flavor.