Black Bean and Chicken Chili
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, green; diced
- 1 bell pepper, red; diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 15 oz can black beans, or kidney beans; drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth, or water
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, peppers, and jalapeño Sauté for 2–3 min.
- Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn, broth, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Salt to taste. Divide into bowls and serve.