- 1 tbsp avocado oil or preferred oil
- ½ diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dired oregano
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 ½ cups shredded jack cheese
- 1 ½ cups roasted butternut squash or veggie of choice
- 1 deseeded and finely diced jalapeno
- 1 sliced avocado
- 4 large plant-powered protein tortillas (at least 10 inches in diameter)
- 4 tostada shells
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and saute onions until translucent. Add spices to coat and gently stir in black beans. Cook until warmed through and remove from heat.
- To assemble crunchwrap, divide filling ingredients among 4 wraps in layers to the middle of each tortilla, leaving about 2 inches around the edges.
- Begin with shredded cheese, then add one even layer of roasted squash. Next, add a healthy scoop of bean and onion mixture. Top beans with sliced avocado and a sprinkling of diced jalapeno.
- Place a tostada shell over the top of all ingredients. Add another light sprinkling of cheese to the top of the shell. *This will help seal your wrap while cooking.
- To fold crunchwrap; start by folding the tortilla in towards the center ingredients in sections. Work your way around until a six-sided hexagon-like shape is created.
- Place seam-side down in a heated non-stick skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly before serving. If desired, serve with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro. Enjoy!