- 1 cup beets, cubed
- 1 white beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- hazelnut oil, for garnish
- rosemary, fresh; chopped, for garnish
- pinch salt, sea
- pepper, black
- goat cheese, crumbles; for garnish
- Add the cubed beet to a steamer basket. Add about 1 inch of water to a small saucepan, and heat until simmering. Place the steamer basket over the water, and cover with a lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the beets are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, maple and sea salt to a food processor or blender. Once the beets are tender, add them as well, and puree until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until completely cooled. Use a spoon to draw an “s” into the top layer of the hummus. Fill that divot with oil, salt, rosemary, pepper, and crumbled cheese, if desired.
- Serve with a fresh baguette, sliced vegetables, olives, and other dipping vessels of choice. Store leftovers in the fridge up to 3 days.