Beef and Lentil Meatloaf
- 1 cup lentils, dried
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup, or barbeque sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard, yellow, brown or Dijon
- 1 lb ground beef, lean; or turkey
- 1 tsp garlic, granulated
- 1 tbsp pepper, black
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Rinse lentils.
- Bring to boil in 2 cups water, reduce heat, simmer for 35–40 minutes or until soft. Strain off excess water.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup cooked lentils and mash with fork.
- Add 1 egg and continue mashing until nearly pureed.
- Add one more egg, ½ cup ketchup (or barbeque sauce), and mustard. Mix well.
- Stir in remaining cup of lentils. Set aside.
- Add ground meat in separate bowl.
- Mix in garlic, pepper, salt, and green onions.
- Add all ingredients into lentil mixture. Mix well.
- Add meatloaf mix into an 8 inch × 8 inch baking pan. Pat down mixture into pan until even on top.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or 160°F for beef and 165°F for turkey.
- Remove from oven and serve!