- 3 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 bell pepper, green; cored and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, grape
- 5 green onions, both white and green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, (use ones that have been preserved in jars with olive oil)
- 1/3 cup olives, pitted Kalamata
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted green
- 1/2 cup parsley, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, or basil; freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- 1/2 tsp aleppo pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the salad ingredients: chickpeas, vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and fresh herbs.
- In a separate smaller bowl or jar, mix together the dressing ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and spices.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix gentle to coat. Leave aside for 30 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, give the salad a quick mix and taste to adjust seasoning if at all needed. Enjoy!