Baked Lemon Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta, lentil or chickpea
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 onion, red; thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta boils, pre-heat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the lemon slices evenly on the paper. Bake for 15 minutes until edges are starting to brown.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl with the baked lemons, red onion, cherry tomatoes and parsley.
- In a measuring cup, combine the tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season to taste then pour over pasta mixture. Toss until all ingredients are coated.