Aquafaba Whiskey Sour
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters , or preferred bitters, optional
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup, 2 parts sugar: 1 part water
- 1 1/2 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Whiskey, of choice
- 1 oz Aquafaba
- Ice, for shaking
- Maraschino cherry , optional
- Add bitters, simple syrup, lemon juice, whiskey, and aquafaba to a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Cap the cocktail shaker tightly and dry-shake vigorously for 30 seconds without ice.
- Add ice and shake again, starting slowly and then increasing speed, until well-chilled. You should feel the liquid slightly thicken as you shake.
- Strain into a coupe glass served up, or strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a dash of Angostura bitters and a Maraschino cherry, if desired.