Crunchy Chickpea and Black Lentil Grilled Taco
Crunchy chickpea and black lentil grilled tacos are the perfect plant-based meal for summer! They’re packed with nutrition and a great option if you’re looking for a plant-based option to have at a summer BBQ.
- 4 tortillas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup lentils, black
- 1½ cup peppers, red, orange or yellow, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower, florets
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas and use a paper towel to dry them as best as you can.
- Toss with 2 tbsp. avocado oil, garlic powder and salt and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25, flipping the chickpeas halfway through.
- In the meantime cook lentils according to package directions.
- Rinse and chop veggies. Toss with remaining 2 tbsp and salt. And avocado oil and place veggies in a grill basket. Grill for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Once the chickpeas, lentils and veggies have finished cooking, toss together.
- Place tortillas on the grill to heat them up for a few seconds on each side. Remove from the grill and use tongs to fill each tortilla with the chickpea lentil mix. Top with guacamole if desired and enjoy!