Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Preheat griddle according to manufacturer’s instructions. If using stovetop skillet, set aside and heat over medium to medium -high when ready to dip bread.
- In a shallow, flat bottom dish, combine flour and orange juice using a whisk or fork. Add sugar and cinnamon, blend again. It’s ok if there are a few little lumps of flour. Let mixture sit for about five minutes.
- Grease lightly griddle/skillet with oil. Give your flour mixture a quick stir. Dip both sides of bread in mixture, place on griddle/skillet and cook about 2 – 2 ½. Flip and cook the other side the same, 2 – 2 ½ minutes. This first flip may not look to appealing but be patient. Once the first flip is complete, flip once more to finish up the other side, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and drizzle of pure maple syrup. Pairs well with fresh orange slices.
- A quick cleaning or scraping in between each batch to remove any batter that sticks to the griddle can result in a prettier French toast!