Mediterranean Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp mustard, Dijon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black
- 4 cups green beans, fresh; ends trimmed and diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, yellow
- 1 bell pepper, red
- 1/4 onion, red; diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry; halved
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile fill a medium bowl with ice water and set aside. Once water is boiling, add trimmed green beans and stir. Boil green beans until just tender, about 30-60 seconds. Drain green beans and immediately transfer to ice water. Let sit for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Add green beans, kidney beans, chickpea, bell peppers, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, and parsley to a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with feta cheese and stir until just mixed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!