Kinton (Sweet Boiled Beans)
For 4 Serving(s)
- 300 g Dry white kidney beans
- 55 g sugar
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Rinse beans well with running water.
- Bring water to a boil and add beans on medium heat.
- Boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and skim off foam.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to a low simmer for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Put Ingredients (A) in a smaller saucepan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the boiled beans and simmer in Ingredients (A) for 30 minutes.
- Drain liquid from the other 1/2 boiled beans and put into Ingredients (B).
- Mixing with wooden ladle, boil up on high heat.
- Combine both sets of ingredients and mix roughly.