Maître Cuisinier de France, Chef des Tables de Carnac Thalasso & Spa Resort
Pierre-Yves LORGEOUX ...A French Chef from Brittany
A graduate of the Hospitality School of Carnac, Brittany, France (Ecole Hôtelière de Carnac), and after having taken his first steps as a cook at the restaurant l'Océan, Chef Lorgeoux became Chef de Partie and Sous-Chef Cuisine and Pastry at the 4-star Sofitel in Quiberon, Brittany, France. He then moved to Vichy Sofitel Célestins Hotel and spa where he stayed for 18 years. He then left France to embark on new adventures in Morocco at the 5-star Hotel Suites & Spa Le Michlifen Ifrane. His time in Morocco influenced him to introduce new flavors, lights, and spices, which he put to practice in his new business venture the PYL Bistronomie concept.
In 2016, Pierre-Yves Lorgeoux decided to return to where it all began, his hometown by the sea in Brittany: Carnac. He brought his talent and passion to the Carnac Thalasso & Spa Resort.
His experiences and his travels gave him the audacity of a creative, generous cuisine, with a real personality. And it is on his native land that he now elaborates to further his style: working with pleasure, working each dish to awaken the senses by the taste. Colors and spices are important in each of his creations. His cuisine is in perfect coherence with the commitments of the Carnac Thalasso & Spa Resort based on local, quality and responsible products. Carnac Thalasso & Spa Resort is the first 100% organic spa in France and the institution’s environmental stewardship is now embedded in Chef Lorgeoux’s cuisine. The food products used in his kitchens are sourced from local and regional producers, selected meticulously to be seasonal, and used efficiently to avoid food waste.
Pierre-Yves Lorgeoux is a renown Chef who has been distinguished repeatedly:
- Since 1990, Chef Lorgeoux has been awarded the First prize at the Artistic Cuisine Competition in Ancenis (1991, 1992, 1994) and became a Knight of the Order of Agricultural Merit in 1999.
- In 2003, he was the first finalist in the French Artistic Cuisine Competition — Bocuse d'Or selection, then entered the Cénacle des Maîtres Cuisiniers de France in 2005: a formidable achievement!
Pierre-Yves Lorgeoux is the author of two cookbooks: Passions équilibrées — Editions du Miroir 2003 and Légèretés et Saveurs, Editions Lucien Souny 2006
More from Pierre-Yves Lorgeoux
Tajine of Green Puy Lentils
- 200 g Green Puy Lentils (Lentilles du Puy)
- 100 g red onions
- 100 g carrots
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 litre vegetable broth
- 100 ml olive oil
- 20 g Ras el hanout
- Put the lentils in a casserole, cover them with cold water and bring to a boil. From the first boil, drain the lentils and rinse them.
- Peel the onions and chop them finely.
- Peel carrots, wash and cut into small cubes.
- In a cast iron casserole, heat the oil and roast the Ras el hanout. Add onions and carrots and sweat over low heat.
- Add the honey, mix well.
- Add the Lentils, mix well and cover with the vegetable broth.
- Mix again, bring to a boil and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- At the end of cooking, salt the lentils.
Tip: Always salt pulses at the end of cooking. Salting them at the beginning hardens the thin film of the legume and makes cooking impossible.
Tip: This Tajine can be enjoyed hot or cold.